Monday, April 19, 2010

PMOY: Unveiled (almost)

Playboy's latest teaser has the fans going wild about speculation of who is behind the mysterious teaser photo of Playmate of the Year 2010. The full photo, featured here, is quite revealing for a teaser. You can clearly make out her hair color, body type, and features on her hands, arms, and hips.

From the twelve options for the year, fans have easily narrowed it down to two candidates: Hope Dworaczyk and Crystal McCahill. Most, however, agree that Crystal has virtually no shot at PMOY, and I would have to agree. Even though Hope was lower on my rankings, I would still have to say that she has a much better inside shot at the title than Crystal. Plus, the body on the photo is almost 100% clearly Hope's, with a long, slender torso and flatly tapered, almost conical breasts (which Crystal does not have, as hers fold at the bottom a lot more).

So, what does this mean to me? Let's say that Hope Dworaczyk is our 2010 Playmate of the Year...

Many are still holding out hope (pun intended) by saying the photo is unclear and could indicate another girl. However, the picture is obviously of Hope. I put her at #8 in my rankings out of the 12 (well, more like 11) girls. That's very low, but she still got a solid B rating from me. Given how deep the class was, I even mentioned that Hope still had a good chance at PMOY, given her large fan following and impressive ratings elsewhere. My problem with her was, and is, that she did not perform very well in her pictorials. This is something I stand by all the time: PlayboyCritic is not a site to grade models on "potential," but on results! A girl's pictorial is as important as her good looks, and although Hope has a beautiful physique and a nice bit of talent, she just did not show enough in her PMOM pictorial to truly prove anything.

Not that she isn't a great model, but there were SO many amazing girls this year. It would be a damn shame if my top 4 did not get a second chance at an Xtra or something. How could Kelley, Dasha, Kimberly, and Jessica all be looked over like this? It is quite an upset in my eyes, as all of these girls were solid contenders with A-grade bodies and talent. If Hope is to win this and show that she truly earned it, she'll have to put on a flawless performance in her PMOY pictorials.

Let's hope that's the case.

9 comments:

Silvio said...

Dude, I understand you. The fact is that we had a great class last year so it's hard to choose the best one. My best one is still Dasha, followed by Jessica and then Hope (it was my Top 3). But I confess that I think Hope should be at your Top 3 too, cause it was a big surprise to see her at #8. Let me ask you... and what about CGOY, you know something?

PlayboyCritic said...

Silvio, I can see why you think it was strange for me to rank Hope so low - she is beautiful, but just didn't deliver in terms of material. Her preview pictorial was amazing, though, and I wish her official pictorial was even half as good!

Haven't heard anything on CGOY, but I do anticipate the announcement as early as this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Hope clearly has everything it needs to be PMOY but hasn't yet delivered...
I like it anyway, that a quite famous runway/fashion model turns into PMOY. Playboy isn't dead for sure...

LEO said...

Heres my opinion... Hope is drop dead gorgeous. I would have to agree with you that her preview was amazing. I would classify it as "immaculate". She looked to over processed and fake in her published pictorial. She has an overwhelming presence in her pictorial. But shes very flat. She relies entirely on looks. Some of the "less prettier" girls work alot harder in front of the camera and produce some solid shots. But Hope relies entirely on looks (shes hot and she knows it). But what can we expect? Shes a beauty queen. She can turn it into a postive by trying a little harder in her pmoy pictorial. She has the "potential" to capture one of a kind shots because of her sheer altitude and proportions. 5'11 and 34-23-35, 125#s? Those are god like measurements. Shes very statuesque. I hope they go back and look at girls like Jayde. Jayde is very stauesque also and the shots in her pmoy were extremly flattering to her figure. They have to keep it simple. Strong, simple, balanced shots. Her pictorial was way to rushed and messy..... The girls of 2009 were gorgeous. But what were the photographers thinking? Playboy needs some new blood. I would love for someone like Josh Ryan to do a playmate pictorial. Very edgy and different. All of these pictorials are so boring and flat....
My advice for Hope - Keep it simple. Shes most beautiful when she just gives a warm smile. Shes a beauty queen. Its all in the smile......Im sure she'll deliver in her pmoy. I totally overlooked Jayde and had her as last for 2008 pmoy and she has come to be my favorite pmoy of all time. She totally blew me away with her pmoy. Thats why I have faith in Hope. cheers.

PlayboyCritic said...

Very well said, Leo! I like all the points you make - and I'm glad that you see how my criteria works. Again, I rate girls based on what they've shown me, and not their potential. However, Hope has some SERIOUS upside! Her preview pictorial just shows that she has the ability to be one of the great Playmates of all-time by utilizing her outstanding measurements. The only thing, as you said, is that she needs to keep it simple and straightforward, and focus on her length and model-like proportions.

LEO said...

Thanks Playboy Critic! Hope's gorgeous. Im sure they'll give her the star treatment in her pmoy. I only hope they give her the cover and, if its not too much to ask for, a video centerfold. Less than a week now for the big unveiling in Vegas. I remember meeting Hope through facebook and myspace more than a year ago. She's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. I know it sounds cheesy, but its true. She really loves her fans and answers all of her mail. She truly is a one in a million girl.

You really have an awesome blog. Its always on point and you keep it fresh and most importantly classy. Ive enjoyed reading all the countdowns of all the playmates. Its a great read. Thanks playboycritic! :)

LEO said...

She got the cover. It looks beautiful I just saw a preview. It includes 3D glasses so you can see her playmate of the year pictorial in 3D. HOPE FOREVER!

Silvio said...

Leo, yeah! The cover and the first playmate and pictorial made to be watched in 3D. She is wonderful in the cover... actually, as usual. Hope rocks a lot and she is one of the best PMOY in years!!! I love her! And I'm sure this year was made the true reader's choice as we could saw in so many polls among these months, and not just a Hugh's choice. Congrats to Playboy, and of course, to Hope. She is a queen!

LEO said...

My issue came in the mail today. Hope is so damn gorgeous, its unbeleivable. What an awesome cover! The pictorial was "ok". Jayde is still my favorite pmoy pictorial by a long shot. cheers.